
On Day 2 we headed north to the city of Yokohama. We walked and took the subway for the most part. So every morning we got to walk through this lovely rose garden that Doug and Chloe are posing in. I think she might be growling at me for some reason, lol. She was quite the trooper. A few days into the trip one of the Navy wives found us an umbrella stroller to borrow and that made it a ton easier with Chloe since we were skipping nap and just powering through each day.

Once we arrived in Yokohama we were starving so we hit a local market and bought food. Chloe tried a ton of food at first but by week two she was done with us giving her random things to try. I thought this Hello Kitty dumpling was cute but have to agree with her it was not so tasty. Doug and I loved the food we found.

This was the Ferris Wheel we were heading up to see and the Worlds Largest Clock, well it turns out there are a few Worlds Largest clocks and this is just one of them.

We rode the Ferris Wheel. I realized I seriously do not like Ferris wheels, they freak me out but Chloe and Doug had a great time.

There was also a kids park at the Ferris Wheel so, Chloe got to try out some rides. We let her pick three.



After the rides we walked to a Doll Museum. It was probably super cool if you could read the signs or talk to the experts in each room but no one spoke English and everything was written in Japanese so that was a quick stop. I just realized the picture next to this one is from the next day because Doug and Chloe have their hats. We needed to get a hat to keep the sun off of Chloe's head. It was brutally hot and we were constantly trying to stay on top of her water intake to make sure she didn't get dehydrated. There were water fountains everywhere so we just carried a few bottles with us and kept refilling. We also carried a huge stash of snacks for Chloe so if she didn't want to eat local we could at least keep her happy with snacks. Lets face it no one wants to skip nap, walk all day and then go hungry so it was the least we could do for the little trooper. She was honestly such a Rock Star, she just kept on keeping on. I don't think she had one nap the entire time we were there and she walked all day long in extreme heat, and then was positive and up beat. I just adore her and her personality. Oh the Japanese apparently did too, she had quite a few people stop and take pictures of her and quite a few ladies say how cute she was or gasp and smile (that has to be good right?).
No comments:
Post a Comment