
Chloe's 1st 5K. When she said she wanted to run a longer race I couldn't find one between 1 and 3 miles so we discussed how far 3 miles was and she still wanted to take a crack at it. I was so scared she wouldn't like it and ... she loved the first mile, liked the second mile and hated/cried in the 3rd mile. She took off for the 1st mile, like took off took off, the kid ran a 10mm for the first mile. The people she passed were not at all pleased to be passed by a 3yr old but they cheered her on none the less. She threw down a 10:30mm second mile. Somehow I knew this meant we were in for trouble. She kept running and then would cry. I told her we could walk but then she would say she wanted to run but her legs hurt and start to cry again and then take off running. Those were some gut wrenching moments. I don't know if I should have carried her in or what. She finished the race and was quite proud. We stayed around for the awards because they were supposed to be awards for every 5yr age group. Unfortunately they cancelled all the age groups below 20 so Chloe ran her first 5k and got cheated out of her moment of glory. As a parent I wanted to go wring someones neck but, what can you do? She did amazing.

No comments:
Post a Comment